Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Apocalypse! What's Your Last Meal?

I've been catching up on my DVR, which includes some episodes of the new talk show, The Chew. I've recently started watching it, mostly because I love cooking/baking and also because of Clinton Kelly (plus a friend recommended it to me!). On their last episode of 2011, they focused on what they would want their last meal to be since the world is going to end in 2012. Of course, that got me thinking as to what my last meal would be if I really had to choose! 

Part of the reason I'm writing this is because of my secret desire to be on "Best Thing I Ever Ate" on Food Network, plus it's a fun thing to think about (not the end of the world, but your absolute favorite foods)!

Now, I couldn't narrow it down to just one meal, so I decided to list what I would want for each meal during the day! (plus, I'll add in some snacks....what? I can't make decisions!). I also think I need three stomachs to cover my best foods, but at least if I just eat half of everything, I'll be fine.

Breakfast/Brunch: Ham and goat cheese omelette (The Flying Biscuit has awesome goat cheese for their omelettes), and a belgian waffle with fresh strawberries and whipped cream (from Brigs! I've eaten one of these in five minutes they're so delicious).

Lunch: Chicken and Cheese Pita (from Greek Fiesta) with kettle chips and ranch dressing from Raleigh Times for dipping the chips. I know it's nothing fancy, but it's delicious...and I don't know what restaurants do to their ranch dressing to make it SO much better than what's in the bottle, but it's always perfection.

Snack: Cheese cubes. Seriously. That's all I need. There is just something about some cheese cut into cubes. I guess I could throw in some club crackers, but really, all I need is some cheese.

Appetizer: Bloomin' Onion from Outback. Mmmm my mouth is just watering thinking about that deep fried goodness and whatever that dipping sauce is!

Dinner: Now, my favorite dinner foods are really ones that can be made at home...mostly because there's nothing better than a good homemade meal! Filet mignon (grilled to perfection of course), homemade macaroni and cheese (preferably my grandmother's), twice baked potatoes, sweet potatoes with a marshmallow topping, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, my grandmother's rolls, plus I guess a Caesar salad (Mellow Mushroom's is incredible to me) to add a bit of healthiness (which....it's the end of the world, why do I care about being healthy??) I would never be able to eat all that, but like I said, it's all about getting a taste of my favorite foods!!

Dessert:  Strawberry Chocolate Chip concrete from Goodberry's and one of my Apple Butter Bars. My absolute favorite ice cream combo (scratch that, any combo) is strawberry and chocolate....and when Goodberry's has it as their flavor? YES PLEASE. And even though I bake a lot, the only thing I would ever bake for myself to just eat is Apple Butter Bars. I could eat a whole pan of them by myself. Everything else I eat a tiny bit and give whatever it is to other people. 

Drink: I'd finish everything off with a Pineapple Upside Down Cake martini from Natty Greene's. They're delicious!! Throughout the day I would probably be drinking Dr. Pepper because it really is the best soda ever. 

So there's my list! What would you eat on your last day??

No comments:

Post a Comment