Tuesday, October 2, 2012

S'Mores Bars!

So much for me being an on-time blogger. This is what happens when you're a busy girl! But I am finally blogging about one of my favorite baking treats! S'more's Bars!

I don't think it's any sort of secret how obsessed I am with s'mores...which is slightly odd considering I can't tell you the last time I had a real s'more. But I love all things s'more (well, almost...the s'more Luna bars are not good). I've made a killer s'mores pie before, I reeeeeally want to make some s'more's cupcakes at some point, and I keep pinning other s'mores type recipes. And of course, the deliciousness of s'mores bars. I think my favorite part of making these was my niece and nephew's reactions to them. Henderson was super excited about eating them after just seeing a picture, and Bellamy, after finishing her piece, kept asking for more. Just another reason I love to bake.

You'll want to pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, and set out a 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) so it can come to room temperature. Then you'll want to crush 6 graham crackers. This part is fun. I always love using my heavy duty rolling pin. It's a good way to get out any aggression too. 



Mix together 1 and 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, and the graham cracker crumbs.

In your mixer, combine your room temperature butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup brown sugar.

Then you'll add in one egg and one teaspoon vanilla.

Mix in the dry ingredients and you have your crust!

You'll want to press half the crust into your 8x8 pan, and then you'll layer your two king sized chocolate bars (I used dark chocolate because let's face it, it's WAY better than any other type) and one 7oz jar of marshmallow fluff (which made me start craving fluffernutter sandwiches).



Then you'll create a top layer with the rest of the crust mixture. I found the easiest way to do this was take sections, flatten them in my hand, and then just kind of place them around the top.

After baking for 30 minutes, you have this AMAZINGNESS. OMG. Even my apartment smelled of s'mores. It's heaven. I wanted to bottle that smell up for later, but I guess I'll just have to make them all the time instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment